There was a little girl who had a little curl...

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Just read the book

I have a really hard time imagining Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love as a movie. Starring Julia Roberts. Throughout the book there is this very real search for spirituality that I don't see making it to the big screen, and that's too bad. Losing that aspect of the book cuts the heart out of the whole thing, reducing it to a comedic "recovery from divorce" story (How Stella Got Her Groove Back except with a funny white chick in Bali). It's also a very personal story for Gilbert, a life story - is the movie going to be biography or fiction? While I'm happy for Gilbert's success, I wish that Hollywood would just write their own darn stories already and stop messing with the ones I already love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home